Foundation Forum 2022: Recovery and resilience in the EU – Back to the future?
Against the backdrop of the COVID-19 pandemic, how can the EU work to ensure lasting equality, inclusion and social cohesion? How will the EU and its Member States best address the challenge of persistent and ever-widening inequalities? How is the pandemic shaping the future of work? Can Member States future-proof social protection systems? And is it possible to achieve all of this, while ensuring a sustainable transition to a just and greener Europe?
Eurofound’s Foundation Forum 2022 will bring together up to 1,000 experts, policymakers, employer and worker representatives, national governments, thinkers and practitioners, online and in Dublin Castle on 3 March, to hammer out the issues around the role of the EU and national governments in ensuring lasting equality, inclusion and social cohesion, as well as a sustainable transition to a just and greener Europe.
The Taoiseach Micheál Martin will give a live address 'A Europe that works for its citizens, Ireland's perspective'
Confirmed speakers include:
- Micheál Martin TD, Taoiseach (Prime Minister), Ireland
- Kristalina Georgieva, Managing Director, IMF
- Élisabeth Borne, Minister for Labour, Employment and Economic Inclusion
- Nicolas Schmit, EU Commissioner for Jobs and Social Rights
- Luca Visentini, General Secretary of the European Trade Union Confederation
- Anna Diamantopoulou, Chair of High Level Group on Future of Social Protection
- Natacha Valla, Dean of the Sciences Po School of Management and Innovation, Paris
- Anna Kopp, Director IT, Microsoft
On the agenda:
- COVID-19 and the impact on EU convergence and resilience
- The future of work – Between dark clouds and silver linings
- Moving to a green economy – challenges and opportunities
- The future of social protection: Is a reset possible?
- Rethinking the future of Europe
Full programme available here.
For press enquiries please contact James Higgins at the contact details below.