New Chair of Eurofound’s Management Board
Stefan Gran has been elected Chair of Eurofound’s Management Board during the third meeting of the Board on 6 November 2020. He takes over from outgoing chair Aviana Bulgarelli, Ministry of Labour and Social Policies (Ministero del Lavoro, della Salute), Italy.
Stefan, from the German Trade Union Confederation (DGB –Deutscher Gewerkschaftsbund), represents the Workers group in Eurofound’s tripartite management structure. He is currently based in Brussels where he is Head of DGB’s EU Liaison Office.
In response to his election, he announced: ‘I am pleased that the tripartite representation from the 27 EU Member States elected me as Chair of Eurofound’s Management Board. I take up this position as Eurofound embarks on a new four-year programme of work, Programming Document 2021– 2024: Towards recovery and resilience, set against the backdrop of the COVID-19 pandemic and all the social, employment and work-related challenges it brings. It is a privilege to be able to contribute to informing effective policies that can lead to improving the quality of life and work for all Europeans.’
Three Deputy Chairpersons were also elected: Roel Gans, Ministry of Social Affairs and Employment, Netherlands (SZW - Ministerie van Sociale Zaken en Werkgelegenheid), Stefania Rossi, General Confederation of Italian Industry (Confindustria), and Barbara Kauffmann, DG Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion, European Commission.
As set out in Eurofound’s Founding Regulation, the Chair and Deputy Chairpersons are elected by a majority of two-thirds of members of the Management Board. The term of office is for one year, renewable.
- Report: Programming document 2021–2024: Towards recovery and resilience
- See: Eurofound Board Members
- Read: Reflecting on developments of living and working conditions across the EU over the past decade
- Report: Challenges and prospects in the EU - Industrial relations: Developments 2015-2019
- Report: COVID-19: Policy responses across Europe
- Report: European Company Survey 2019 - Workplace practices unlocking employee potential
- Report: Involvement of national social partners in policymaking – 2019
- Data: The European Company Survey
- Data: The European Industrial Relations Dictionary